Accepting Calendar invites using Brave Browser - redeux

This was posted earlier, with no useful responses, but its a real problem; I literally probably can not use Brave because of this. I would classify this as a bug - Brave, are you working on this?

(Copying from original post by @tjnelson: Accepting Calendar invites using Brave Browser )

I accept calendar invites all the time (I use Outlook Calendar).

When I register for an event via a email link, or 3rd party invitation, it opens a browser window for me to accept this invitation and gives me an option to “add event to calendar”.

Add this event to your calendar

Using IE, by clicking on the link, it opens the calendar, auto-populates the date/time/ information into the outlook calendar so I can simply save the calendar invite.

Now, instead of opening the calendar automatically (like I did with IE), Brave tries to save this as an “ICalendar File” - with a file name of “EventCalendarServlet”.
Literally, a Save file window pops open (With a Brave logo in the top left), and wants me to save the file in a folder that I can choose on my computer.

How do I change this setting to accept calendar invites to automatically add to my calendar?

Please help.

Windows 10 64bit
Brave browser
Brave is up to date
Version 1.1.23 Chromium: 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

All the best,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.