Chromium SidePanel is broken, doesn't show close btn neither shows extension icon

Description of the issue:

Chromium Side Panel features can be used, however it’s broken and doesn’t work properly, the UI is not consistent with the chromium, the icon isn’t showing up in the sidebar and prevents you to close the Side Panel, forcing you to reopen the window.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install any extension that has SidePanel features, i used SidePanel for Bard.
  2. Click on the extension and open the sidepanel (if extension has that).
  3. Now the Browser Side Panel is there, but you can’t close for now.
  4. You can attempt to remove it

Expected result:

• The extension being added to Side Bar only as Icon + Tooltip (Description/Name).
  • Being able to close it with an [ X ] button anywhere.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Release Version: 1.59.117
Chromium: 118.0.5993.70
Windows 11 - 64 bits (OS and Browser)

Additional Information:

I’m doubt if this is literally a issue or feature request, i see it as both. Since that you can use them even if incomplete but it causes an issue.

Also, if I could suggest something here, please add an option for Side Panel appeareance to it look like Chrome-styled.

2 Likes

We are facing a similar issue with the closing of the side panel with our extension.

Upon trying to close the side panel, the side panel window just goes blank, and only way to hide it is to change the tab. Though this behaviour isn’t consistent, but is occurring quite often.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.