Chrome extensions brave mobile browser

I’d like to install chrome extensions with brave mobile browser. Currently, I cannot install chrome extensions, with any mobile chromium browser. Because I get a google cookie warning.
I’d like brave mobile browser to allow me to install chrome extensions, without google cookie warning.

2 Likes

Brave - and almost any other Chromium based browser - don’t allow extensions in Android.

1 Like

Both Kiwi and Yandex mobile browser support chrome extensions. However, I get a google cookie warning.

1 Like

That was why i write “almost any other Chromium based browser” :wink:
There are some that allow extensions for sure - like Kiwi - but is a very buggy experience. I doubt that Brave will implement such thing in a way that have no advantage to the users.

And even in those browsers that allow that, is a “addon” more that a feature in the browser.

When using Kiwi mobile browser with chrome extensions, I do not experience bugs. I get the same experience as when using a chromium desktop browser, such as brave, with chrome extensions.
I would most appreciate it if I could use a mobile chromium browser that allows me to install chrome extensions, without google cookie warning.

2 Likes

Being able to add an addon is an advantage for users :wink: How being in a jail can be an advantage ?

1 Like

is not “jail”, i was referring to the fact that is a buggy experience. Not every extension will work - as not everything works fine in Kiwi, etc…
Anyone that have tried Kiwi can say the bugs that some extensions have - and currently there is almost zero extensions optimized to mobile… because Chrome :stuck_out_tongue:

Implement this in brave will lead to more bad reputation.

Yep a jail :wink: without any option, it’s a jail :wink:
I think everybody doesn’t care about having “every extension” to work… If you have a warning from Brave about possible crashes or bug, people will know and understand it’s not Brave related, but may be the author of the module itself. Speaking about this within a warning, and giving the option to install addons on Brave can leave a good reputation :wink:
So yep, not 100% agree with you mate.

1 Like

What you’re talking about has nothing to do with Brave. What you’re talking about is the Chrome store itself. Then again, that also includes the Play store. Then again, that also includes any chromium browser. Like, all those can be used to create buggy products. Create buggy chromium browser? Bingo. Create a buggy Play store app? Bingo. Create a buggy Chrome store extension? Bingo.
Anyways, I’ve just installed some extensions on Kiwi mobile, by moving the packed extensions (from Brave desktop) from my pc to my mobile. Kiwi allows to install crx files.

Sorry, I’ve not understood your mind.
What I see today, is Brave can’t install any addons from the Chrome store like the Desktop version, and it’s really a pain… and I don’t understand why.

1 Like

No news about this desired feature ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.