Cant use Brave app due to white screen

https://community.brave.com/u/michal Responded to this request as the incidence was increasing. Very fast.

Tried everything as suggested. Nothing worked until https://community.brave.com/u/michal troubleshooted and fixed it.

This was happening to me regularly, sometimes it would take an hour to come back online. When I closed a lot of tabs and deleted photos to free up memory, the problem occurred much less often but rebooted more quickly.

This time however, was total whiteout and then shut down after a few seconds…

I got my all saved pages back. No white screen. And am fully restored. Thank you to all who responded and helped in this process! I appreciate this community being here. Thx!
Vee

1 Like

Hi again @VeeS glad to know the issue you’ve been experiencing was solved.

Should you have other issues or concerns, please create a new community post in order to further assist you.

Sorry for the delay. Not on IOS, I’m on Android.

Been having this issues for three years. But it became so intolerable I even made a topic here: Android brave white screen issue

What are the steps I’m supposed to follow?

1 Like

Please try installing the Beta or Nightly version of Brave to see if the issue persists on those versions.

Let me know if that works.

Hi Mattches, Same whiteout problem just resurfaced … Was in the middle of a news clip video on Gab. It just stopped playing. I exited to check settings, make sure wifi was still connected and couldn’t click on app - it was partially grey at some borders. Then it looked white again, and opened but whiteout screen then shut down after around 10-20 seconds. Are others still having this issue?

@Kiansh,
Are you using any sort of app launcher as OP was? Also when you say

When you say the “app” are you referring to Brave here? Additionally, do you have Brave updated to the latest build?

I’ve installed it. I’ll let you know.

Apologies Mattches, I’m a pleb with tech. It’s the Brave app (lion face) I click onto on my iPad. I don’t have many… When it went out, I noticed again, something going wrong with the power display. Then the lion face had some grey markings on it. Then couldn’t get back in. How do I update to latest version? TY

@Kiansh,
You can go and update the app in the Apple App store.

Thank you, on it now. Didn’t realise this was a manual process. Will I lose my bookmarks?

So, I clicked on update app, no problem there. However, same white out issue. White screen about twenty seconds then it closes. I also tried clicking ‘open new tab’.

1 Like

Updating app didn’t change anything Matt, still the same whiteout - lasts around 20 seconds, then closes.

Can anyone here experiencing this issue please tell me what iOS version they’re using when they encounter this issue?

iPadOS 16.2 is what it says. I’m using iPad Pro purchased 2020 (11 I think).

Hi Mattches, Do I need to start a new topic? I’m being told it was resolved, and it was, but has re-emerged. I’m unable to access Brave at all.

@Kiansh,
Still digging into this, apologies for the wait on this. Will ping some of our iOS devs and see where we are at progress-wise with this.

Wonderful Mattches. No worries, just glad you are checking it out. Thank you.