Can't see any text in Google Docs SpreadSheets

Description of the issue:

I can’t see any text input on Google Docs Spreadsheets, even with Brave Shields disabled. This my first bug report. Please tell me if you need more info.

**Steps to Reproduce

1. Install Ubuntu 18.04.02
  2. Open a GoogleDoc Spreadsheet file.
  3. Write something

Actual Result

Expected result:

This is a capture of a S/S in Firefox 66.0.5

Reproduces how often:

Always

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Ubuntu 18.04.02
Brave 0.64.76

Additional Information:

1 Like

@ecocitizen,
Can you clear site data/cache for Sheets? Additionally, what language do you have Brave set to? Is it the same as your OS?

Language is the same as OS. I reloaded without cache and problem remains. Btw, I forgot to say that font disappears after “processing” message.

Can you be more specific by what you mean when you say “processing”?
Additionally, it looks like you have an A/V extensions of some kind installed – can you confirm what extension that is?

When opening the file it shows text

After “Procesando” (Processing) message of Google Docs , you get a “blank” spreadsheet.

I installed Metamask and Bitwarden extensions

I understand now, thank you for clarifying.
I’ve reached out to the team for additional input – in the meantime, if you wouldn’t mind humoring me, can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration to see if that changes the behavior at all?
Settings --> Advanced --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

That solved the issue. By the way I have the same problem to read PDF documents within Brave. It shows a blank page.

1 Like

@ecocitizen,
Glad to hear it!
Can you test the PDF issue as well to see if that’s now resolved?

Yeah it is resolved too. But I’d prefer a better solution than disable hardware acceleration. I hope you could fix that soon. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

@ecocitizen,
Thank you for confirming – we do intend to address this issue with HWA as time allows. We appreciate your patience.