Can't connect Gemini on phone - not available in region

I have my desktop set up and connected to Gemini. While traveling recently, I wanted to connect my laptop, tablet and phone so I could continue earning while away from home. All went well except with my phone - it is a Samsung Galaxy S21. When I try to connect, it says I am not in a supported region. I am in the US (Tennessee) and I was traveling in the US (Florida). I am home again, and it still will not connect.

I cleared the Brave cache and data, uninstalled Brave and reinstalled from Google Play Store. I have tried while connected to my home network (Xfinity) and cell provider data (T-Mobile). I have all four Brave installations synced.

Android 13
Brave version 1.58.137
No VPN

Gemini has issues currently. In short, newer devices will see unsupported till this gets sorted

Details at

1 Like

It’s odd because it’s only happening on my phone, which has had Brave installed since I got it over 2 years ago. My tablet is brand new, just installed Brave, and was able to connect to Gemini right away. My laptop is also connected without any issues. If all three devices were all giving the “Unsupported Region” error, given the ongoing, and still unresolved, issues, that I could understand.

I just logged in today after being gone for almost 2 wks and now have the same problem described above.

Environment is desktop iMac 27" running macOS 13.5.2, Brave version…
Version 1.60.118 Chromium: 119.0.6045.163 (Official Build) (x86_64)

All was connected with last shutdown on 11/8.
Rewards did deposit to Gemini, 11/7.

Yeah. Gemini still hasn’t fixed the issue. Seems like they’re running into legal issues too.

i synced my phone to my desktop through Brave yesterday but i could not log into my Gemini account on my mobile. Uphold was usable but Gemini was grayed out, getting the error message “Currently not available in your region.”

i have no VPN on my phone and my region is supported. i also have no problems logging into my Gemini account on my desktop

1 Like

UPDATE, fwiw: I just upgraded my phone, still cannot connect to Gemini. My desktop, laptop, and tablet are all still connected just fine.

1 Like

Correct. Nobody can connect new devices to Gemini and it’s a roll of the dice if you connect same device/profile again when you get logged out.

It has already been suggested we’ll likely see on chain payments arrive before connections to Gemini are opened again. Both of which are likely months away, but we shall wait and see.

1 Like

As my previous post stated, I did connect a brand new tablet and laptop after my old phone would not connect. Now my new phone won’t connect either. It’s random, apparently.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.