Can't access brave search through ProtonVPN

I use ProtonVPN, and when I try to access brave search I get a 403 error:

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can’t connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

I have to turn off my VPN in order to access brave search, which goes against my privacy instincts, so I’ve been inclined to just use duckduckgo instead. Is there a workaround?

1 Like

Try some different sites, which sites are causing the issue?

Same here, I use personal ovpn configs by the way, through my own vps… I think it’s blocking access to any vpn connections

Using secure DNS in brave://settings/security?search=dns?

@fanboynz In my case, turning it on/off is no different. Still the same error persist

This is a pretty surprising problem as Brave also has a builtin VPN. Is it working with theirs? Maybe there was an oversight somewhere?

Everything is working for me on desktop and mobile. On iOS I changed from the custom Brave Search I setup during the closed beta to the builtin one and now everything is working.