Cannot view Netflix using Brave-browser

I am sing two computers. On both of them Brave is the Standard Browser. One of them was installed today. the other one about half a year ago.

On the new installed computer I can watch netflix videos without problems, the elder one gives an error-message reading:

Entschuldigen Sie bitte die Störung

Wir haben Schwierigkeiten bei der Wiedergabe von Netflix. Bitte besuchen Sie chrome://components, suchen Sie die Komponente “Widevine Content Decryption Module” und klicken Sie auf die Schaltfläche “Nach Updates suchen” Fehlercode M7701-1003

Useless to say that i would not find Goofle-Chrome-settimgs within Brave, but why does it work on one computer an not on the other?

2nd Question how do I start an Update for the Brave-Browser?
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Vieweing Netflix Videos using Brave-Browser

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

Not necessary

Enter brave://components in the address bar and look for widevine (towards the bottom) and click the update button

I have had this idea already, but there in not any topic like widevine there

Hrmm… You can try THIS … Don’t know how you would’ve unistalled it but maybe manually installinn widevine is your solution…

edit: if you search for widevine in setting, does anything pop up highlighted?

edit #2: or try downloading brave from brave.com and install it over your currently installed brave and maybe that would install widevine?

Thanks for the quick and helpful answers, Resinstall worked I could activate widevine then

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.