Problem with flash player loading/running

Description of the issue: Flash Player Will Not Load on Comcast XFINITY TV Streaming
xfinity.com/stream

1. flash player fails to load/run or be recognized by the comcast xfinity streaming site while using brave

2. i’ve gone into brave settings and allowed flash player to run and everything but still no success, even with all shields disabled

3. image

*Brave Version 0.68.132 Chromium: 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: iMac late 2009, Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

I have the same problem. I even allowed everything for the site.

Also having this issue. Windows 7 64-bit, Brave Version 0.68.132 Chromium: 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit). Shields are down. Error on xfinity’s site is as follows:

“Sorry, we’re having some trouble
Xfinity Stream is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.
(Error ftde.xact.3307.1107296347)”

If tried in a private window, the error changes to the following:

“This won’t work while you’re incognito.
We can’t license your device while you’re using Chrome’s incognito mode. To access Xfinity Stream, please exit incognito mode.
(Error ftde.xact.3365.0)”

Works fine in Chrome (other than the fact they keep hounding you to disable Flash because it will stop being supported at the end of 2020).

I can’t get Brave Browser to work with Spectrum streaming TV. I also allowed everything. I did tell flash player to be allowed at the top right near extensions and when it said load on the top left of the browser. No matter what, it would not work.

It did work in MS Edge and Chrome. So, it is strictly a Brave problem.

@ztickman (and everyone),
This is actually a known issue already, logged here:

I haven’t seen any movement on this particular issue in a while, however. I’ve added your reports to the Github thread as +1’s and made some noise internally to see what the status of the issue is. Thank you for your patience, I’ll make sure to reply here when I have more information for you.

1 Like

Thanks very much! I love Brave Browser but this is bad.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.