Cannot Remove a particular Site Cookie

Description of the issue:

Cannot remove “[*.]messenger.com” from brave://settings/cookies/ > Sites that can always use cookies
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Log into www.messenger.com (facebook site)
  2. Log Out and attempt to remove cookies

Expected result:
I should be able to completely remove any mentions of this particular site from my list of sites; but instead it presents a trashbin icon that when clicked does nothing;

Brave Version:
Version 1.16.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.183 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Additional Information:

There doesn’t appear to be any clear documentation on what the line “embedded on www.messenger.com” means

@MrZeffy,
I’m not entirely sure why you can’t remove it using the trash bin icon – that said, can you try visiting messenger.com, clicking the Lock icon in the address bar, then Site settings --> Clear data.

Close/relaunch the browser and check to see if the cookie is still there.

@Mattches
I followed the steps to clear all site data, and reloading brave- when visiting the cookies settings page the site is still present

When visiting the site I’m still autologged in even though cookies should have been cleared.

Data is also not 0 upon relaunching Brave after clearing site data

When viewing the site’s cookie list I get:

If I attempt to remove the “www.messenger.com” cookie the browser crashes, blocking this cookie also makes the site unusable

It appears to be some kind of local storage cookie, which I cannot find on my system with my current knowledge; I also checked site settings and a permission toggle for local storage isn’t present.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.