Cannot detect mobile data on degoogled android

Description of the issue: On a degoogled android custom ROM without microg and without google play services it has a minor bug. The bug is that when using mobile data 3g/4g from SIM card, it cannot detect internet service even when internet/data is On. There is no problem when using Wi-fi, it can detect internet then, but not when using mobile data.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Degoogled android with mobile data

Expected result: It says No Internet connection in a small line at top

Brave Version( check About Brave): Brave 1.33.106, Chromium 96.0.446.110 (has been going for awhile)

Mobile Device details Degoogled Android

Additional Information: https://imgur.com/avLPPlQ Video link to see the bug.

@Mattches

@chh_68,
Perhaps I’m misunderstanding but the browser appeared to work just fine in that whole video. Additionally, I’m not entirely convinced that this is a Brave-specific issue. Do other browsers show the same behavior on this device?

Additionally, you’re using a heavily modified device that the browser was not necessarily designed to run on, so exact behavior can be hard to predict.

Yes, the browser works just fine as it supposes to do. The only problem is the “no internet connection” bar. It is irritating/disturbing while surfing the web using the mobile data. It never goes off no matter what I do (while using mobile data)

Other applications do not give such an error (they can detect mobile data is on). I have a gecko browser and another chromium browser, both do not give such an error/bug. I know I am running a heavily modified device, but if other applications (apps) and other browsers work as intended, brave should too.

I have created an issue on github, let’s see what happens.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.