Cannot create shortcuts to Homepages

Description of the issue:
When trying to add a shortcut to a website (e.g. a PWA) to the homescreen the process does not finish. Upon selecting “Create Shortcut” from the options menu a prompt appears asking me if I want this shortcut to be added. Accepting this, a notification about adding a shortcut appears for a brief moment, then disappears. Alas, no shortcut is added. Upon trying to minimize brave (by swiping up from the bottom of the screen) another prompt asking about sizing of the shortcuts appears and disappears in a split second without a chance to hit any buttons.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open any Homepage
  2. Three dots -> “Create Shortcut” (probably not the actual menu item; It’s the menu item above the checkbox for viewing the desktop website; I’m using Brave in German. Menu item says “Zum Startbildschirm zufügen” (spelling mistake btw., should be “Zum Startbildschirm hinzufügen”))
  3. Accept the prompt. (German option: “Hinzufügen”)
  4. Wait 2 seconds (notice how nothing is happening)
  5. Swipe from bottom up to leave Brave

Expected result:
Create a shortcut icon on the home screen

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave 1.4.3, Chromium 78.0.3904.62

Mobile Device details
Android 10; Pixel 3 Build/QP1A.191005.007

Additional Information:
Adding shortcuts using Chrome works. The talked about quickly appearing and disappearing prompt does not happen on Chrome; Chrome adds a shortcuts without this prompt.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.