ALL Brave Browser Shortcuts Disappeared From Home Screen Folders

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

ALL of the webpage shortcuts (“Add to Home screen”) that I created over a number of months suddenly disappeared. This has never happened when using Chrome browser for over 8 years. Is there a way to recover them? If not, can the browser be modified such that the shortcuts are saved / backed up to their own list, with the ability to open this list and re-drag / re-drop them in the event this happens again? Thanks.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Not sure.

Expected result:

Not to lose browser page shortcuts.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details

Pixel 4a (5G), Android 12

Additional Information:

1 Like

Have you cleared your browsing data recently? Also to be clear, you’re referring to Add to home screen which drops an app on the home screen of your phone, correct?

Yes, Add to home screen, and no, I did not clear my browsing data recently.

I’m not sure what would have caused this. I’ve forwarded your report to our Android team for further investigation. Can you confirm that the issue hasn’t happened again?

This same thing happened to me. Restarted my phone and all of my Brave home screen shortcut launchers are gone. Firefox and Chrome launchers remained, but all brave ones are gone. And apparently permanently so :frowning:

Yes, I can confirm that it hasn’t happened again.

• Per @hold_that_thought : I restarted – all shortcuts were still there.
  • Another test: I opened one of the shortcuts that opens in as a solo browser app, restarted – all shortcuts were still there.

@hold_that_thought might still be on to something, as I do recall when the shortcuts did disappear, I noticed them missing a short while after restarting.

Thank you for your attention.

kalqlate

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.