Can not import another account - Failed to import account

I’m using a new Brave wallet for months already and besides the main account, I have four more accounts. A couple of days ago I’ve tried to import a new account and it doesn’t work anymore. I’m getting a message “Failed to import account, please try again” all the time so I’m looking for help here.

1 Like

Are you trying to import the accounts via Private Key or JSON file?

1 Like

With private keys only.

2 Likes

Is there anything different about the new account that you are trying to import?

No, I just follow the procedure, but the wallet denied it.
This is the scrs of what I’m getting all the time.

1 Like

Could you please share full steps including which software you’re exporting from and how exactly you’re exporting (if there are different options, specify what you select)? Thanks.

1 Like

Ok, I try to import a private key from Cosmos wallet.

I don’t think that uses the same format, we don’t support Cosmos directly.

1 Like

Ok, it is exactly about Evmos token and it is EVM. It should work. With Metamask it works without any problem.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue. I’m trying to import an Ethereum one though.

The software where I originally created it is Guarda, but I’ve imported it to other wallets before and it’s worked just fine, actually, I’d imported it to Brave wallet before on a different computer. Sorry I’m replying to something you asked someone else hehe, but since I’m experiencing the same issue I thought of giving you the details of my case hehe.

I apologize for losing track of this issue. I posted a developer issue here to take a look: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/24547

FYI we just fixed this issue in our Nightly channel, it will be in the 1.44.x release on Release channel.

There’s an easy work around that you can use in the meantime. Simply remove the 0x prefix on the exported key.

Sorry it took us so long to get to this!

2 Likes

Better slow than sorry :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.