Can I Restore My BAT Balance If I Re-Install My Window OS

Hello to all MODs and community members,
I have a query I’m not sure about and I need the answer.

So, my PC is starting to give glitches and I’m planning to re-install my windows OS. And if I reinstall the OS, of course I have to re-install the brave browser.

So, my question is, is there are any way that I can restore the old brave browser with all settings and browser history, save passwords etc. including the current BAT balance of 6 BAT? Also my wallet is unverified.

If I copy the old brave files and folder and replace it with the new one after re-installation of OS, will it restore the above stated settings and BAT balance?

Please shed some light about this query.

Please don’t reply if you didn’t do this before and/or you don’t have any solid proof if its really possible to restore the old Brave browser with current BAT balance.

I’ll be waiting for your replies.

@steeven @cory @Mattches

2 Likes

Anyone knows anything? Please reply.

1 Like

Regarding your browsing data/profile information:
Copying over your files will carry over your settings, browsing data, etc without issues. Make sure you save it somewhere safe. I would also recommend making additional copies of your passwords and bookmarks directly as a precautionary measure. To ensure all your data is carrie over:

1. Copy the information found in the following directory on your Windows machine and save it somewhere safe, externally (hard drive or flash drive, etc):
C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data
  1. Open the browser, go to Menu --> Bookmarks --> Bookmarks manager --> image [on top-right of page] --> Export bookmarks and export your bookmarks as a .html file separately on that same flash/hdd you’e using.
  2. In the browser, go to Settings --> Autofill --> Passwords --> image[on right-side across from "saved passwords"] --> Export and export your passwords.

Now you have safe copies of all your data, all your bookmarks, and all your passwords. Now, when you reformat your PC (or get a new one or whatever you decide to do), you’ll just need to install Brave on it, then copy the User data folder from step one above that you’ve saved on the flash drive and paste/replace that same directory in your newly installed Brave (make sure the browser is closed during this). Then upon relaunch, you should see all your info there.

Regarding the BAT:
Unfortunately, at this time, there is no way to carry that BAT over without verifying your wallet. I do truly understand the frustration but that is just where we are at this time. That said, you can find instructions to verify your wallet here.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes