🔴 [BUG] Missing print dialogue in Google Slides (only save as pdf)

Brave can’t print Google Slides. It only allows for “save as pdf”, forcing use of Chrome instead. Am I reporting this in the right place, or where else? Is there a better category to mark it with?

Brave goes straight into “save as pdf”:

Chrome shows the correct/expected print dialogue:

Hi

What device you have? A screenshot is wellcome.

I’m on Win 11 Home ed, an Acer Swift machine but the problem was the same on my previous machine (another brand, and probably Win 10).

@CerealLover - On your machine, do you get the proper dialogue to show when you click the print button, not just “save as pdf”?

Does the below screenshot show what you’re looking for? The print button that you encircle in your shot is indeed the button I use, or via File>Print

Hi

Open Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers, and check if ‘Microsoft Print to PDF’ is default the printer. If not installed, try installing a virtual printer

Thank you. I take it that I should ensure that Microsoft Print to PDF is not the default, right?

But, regardless, it seems that if I set that printer or any of the my installed printers as default, the behaviour in the OP remains. (Or when you say “virtual printer” do you mean something other than the regular printers that I have installed? The described problem occurs regardless if I am on the LAN that has those printers or if I’m in somewhere else.)

But still, do others actually not have the problem I describe in the OP? Do others get the print dialogue when printing from Google Slides?

Thank you for your kind help!

Hi

In your case, you are right, you should set you local or network printer as the default printer.

Again, thank you @CerealLover - but the problem persists. A local printer is set as default (see screenshot) and I’ve also restarted the computer… but, nope.

@ anybody - can anybody confirm that they succeed in getting the proper print dialogue in, specifically, Google Slides on Brave?

Bump. Again:

@ anybody - can anybody confirm that they succeed in getting the proper print dialogue in, specifically, Google Slides on Brave?

Bump.

Again: Can anybody confirm that the get the proper print dialogue in, specifically, Google Slides on Brave? I suspect we all only get “save as pdf” i.e no way to select printer or what pages to print.

I have tested. I also get the PDF despite having a printer installed.
Using Windows 10

1 Like

Probably @Mattches can take a look.

1 Like

Thanks @Aman_M . Is @Mattches part of the actual coding team? Since it now is a confirmed bug I really hope so.

I’m not aware, will have to ask but he is official support for sure. Mattches, do you do coding for Brave as well?

@twMat,
So we had a previous issue that describes this, but its from quite a long time ago and applies to all online Google services:

I do currently see this issue on Slides as you’re describing it, but I I don’t see it for the other services (sheets, docs, etc.). I’m digging into why this may be happening now — in the interim, can you tell me if you get the same behavior on Sheets/Docs/other Google services? Additionally can you please tell me what Brave version you’re using at this time?

This appears to be a Shields issue — turning Shields “off” and printing shows the print system dialog as expected. I’ve opened an issue for the developers to review here:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.