[BUG] Downloads no longer work

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:

Hung or stalled downloads.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install Brave
  2. Go to any site with downloads.
  3. Click on download link.

Expected result:

Download should start and complete. All Brave does is open the new file; the download never initiates. It just hangs there in the download bar.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.33.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Chrome has the exact same issue. For me to download files, I have to use a browser other than Brave or Chrome or I’ll need a way to downgrade Brave that doesn’t have the obvious broken download code. It appears whatever update to Brave and Chrome that was pushed down to my laptops has broken download code. This issue has also been reported to Chrome support by me. The issue also manifests itself on a recently repaired tablet PC with a clean install of Windows 10.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.