Browser zooms way in intermittently

Description of the issue:
When using Brave, suddenly the browser will zoom way in, though I haven’t noticed any specific activity I’m doing at the time that’s consistent or unusual. I can use the zoom out feature to eventually get back to a more reasonable screen view, but then all other browser windows that open are affected (by being very small, because I’ve zoomed so far in).

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
I’ve noticed no particular steps, unfortunately. I’ll simply be looking at a website — perhaps scrolling (but not always) — and suddenly the browser will zoom in considerably. I’ve tried quitting the page and re-loading, but that doesn’t help.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
The screen zoom is so large I have to literally scroll left and right to read a line of text (for example).

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:
This has been happening pretty much daily at some point. (What I mean is, it happens about once per day.) I’ve tried to reproduce the issue by inadvertently clicking on my mouse in different ways. But I can’t reproduce it. The browser just seems to go rogue.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

MacOS 11.6 (Big Sur) on an iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020
Brave Browser 1.30.89

Additional Information:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.