Browser doesn't load and crashes

The mobile browser version 1.18.78 for android 10 freezes on launch and after around 10 seconds crashes. Restart doesn’t help, clearing cache or data doesn’t work either.

I am experiencing a similar issue:

Description of the issue: Brave freezes or silently closes after a moment. Sometimes it happens before it finishes loading, while other times I am able to use it for as much as a minute. Deleting application data allows me to relaunch it but the problem returns after another moment.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Launch Brave. If it finishes loading, start to use it normally.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): One of two things happens:

• The application freezes. Android itself remains responsive.
  • The application closes itself during use. No message appears.

Expected result: The application does not freeze nor does it close itself. The browser is usable.

Reproduces how often: Consistently. I am unable to use it for more than a minute.

Brave Version(about:brave): 1.19.92

Android/iOS Model (what device are you using?): Handset: Nextbit Robin. OS: LineageOS 17.1, 20210207 (Android 10). All Brave versions worked fine on the phone’s previous OS (OmniROM 8.1).

Additional Information: The problem began after upgrading the OS to LineageOS. Although Brave does not work, the stock AOSP browser (which I think is Chromium based like Brave) works fine.

Brave worked fine on the handset’s previous OS (OmniROM 8.1). Rolling back to is is not an option as Android 10 is needed for other software.

I would be happy to provide logs or or to work with the QA or dev team on this.

I have the same issue. Any help?