Brave won't connect at startup in Windows 10 launching a lot of previous tabs

Ok, i might have just figured something out that has longed plagued me using Brave browser.

When i boot up windows 10 on a desktop computer and launch my Brave, i get the ten tabs that i had last opened. I have been doing this for years. Almost every time i have to pull my network cable or disable/enable one or both of my network cards before i can connect to the internet.

My internet says connected on windows and inside my security router, i can connect on other browsers but for some reason brave can’t connect or it takes several minutes. I normally turn my computer on 10-15 minutes before i need to use it hoping it will be connected when i need it.

I have spent more than a year trying to figure this one out by
Buying a new AV product
Upgrading RAM to 32GB
Installing a secondary network card, putting the network card in high availability mode, playing with the network card settings
Install network monitoring software
Call the cable company and have them come out to test everything
Trying to connect via VPN upon startup
Whitelisted Brave through the AV and firewall
Changed switches
Clearing out cookies and everything else in Brave

For some reason Brave or Windows doesn’t like ten (or more) tabs opening when you boot up windows and then launch brave.

I just thought i had too much security but by some random chance, i closed a window with two tabs lastly and the next time i booted brave up it just launched those two tabs and it connected almost instantly. I have tried this half a dozens times or so recently and each time it connects. I just go into history and launch the 10 or 13 tabs separately.

Maybe you can send this to your development team and see if anyone else has had an issue like this.

Brave is up to date
Version 1.52.129 Chromium: 114.0.5735.198 (Official Build) (64-bit)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.