Brave won't block ads on text-compare.com

Description of the issue:
Brave won’t block ads on text-compare.com when Shield is set to aggressive and block fingerprinting.

Exact URL of the website in question: https://text-compare.com/

Screenshot of the ad as it appears in Brave:

Did the issue present with default Shields settings?
yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
yes

Does the ad appear when using a Private window as well? (yes/no)
yes

What OS are you using when you see the ad?
Windows 11

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.66.118 Chromium: 125.0.6422.147 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Actually we do block these, (on a clean Brave profile). What does shields show?

I just cleared browser data and tested again, and the ads still exist.
On the shields’ counter, it shows 10-12 ads were blocked (It’s not alaways the same every time), and shield is set to aggressive, block fingerprinting and block third-party cookies.

Can you test in Brave Beta ?

Actually I just found that it was a problem with my extensions.
If Privacy Badger is enabled on this site, Brave’s adblock cannot work.
When clicking on Privacy Badger’s icon on the site, it will show that “http://securepubads.g.doubleclick.net” was blocked, switching the setting from default (“Block entirely”) to “Block cookies” or “Allow” sloves the problem.
But why would it break Brave’s adblock? (Because both are blocking the same resource?)

Don’t need other privacy extensions, just create false positives. Shields is enough :slight_smile:

It will be great if Brave can automaticlly solve or decect this kind of shield/extension conflit, since it’s a quite popular extension and there may be other users that are using it.

And I think for many people it’s not obvious that installing some extension will make the shields ineffective.

The issue isn’t with Brave here, the fix would need to come from the extension. No actual conflict between the 2, just the extension has rules that this site checks for.

Thanks for clarifying.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.