Brave uninstalling by itself

Description of the issue:
Already happened 3-4 times to me in last 2 months. That my Brave browser uninstalled itself from Win10 laptop. What is left afterwards is empty BraveSoftware folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware. It always happens when i’m away from my pc. It’s company laptop so maybe some security software is doing it, but i’m not aware of such practice in my company.

Any idea how to troubleshoot it? Some eventlog in windows or whatever?

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Keep Brave open
  2. Brave will silently uninstall itself. Or something else is doing it…
  3. After re-installation all the pages are restored correctly.(AppData is not cleared)

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.11.97 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:

1 Like

any idea? I checked event log for errors/warnings and everything from MSIinstaller and nothing related to Brave in any means…

or maybe the your company administrator remove it remotly or some of your coworker doing it
try to lock your screen with password before leaving your laptop and also check the windows log to check when the uninstaller start

i am not currently on windows machine but you can google it and you will know where to check for those info

hope that help and have a nice day

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.