Brave unable to launch at all in linux

I’ve been using brave browser happily for months now and recommend it to everyone but yesterday I ran into an issue seemingly after installing a flatpak for onlyoffice. Now I can’t even launch into brave and if I try to launch from terminal I get this output " /usr/bin/brave-browser: line 48: 28632 Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped) “HERE/brave" "@” ". Every time I try to launch I get this output but the number after line 48: is different.

I’ve tried many things including removing flatpaks altogether from my system, rebooting, reinstalling, installing nightly build, using timeshift to restore the system all to no avail. HELP PLEASE!

I can’t access log files or crash reports as the browser won’t even launch.

I’ve never had firefox installed but I had to, finally and that works fine. Also the pre-installed web browser works.

My OS is Linux LMDE4

Brave Version 85.1.14.81

Help greatly received!

Bob

1 Like

maybe try reinstall?

maybe u run brave with sudo, then need remove ur profie
sudo rm -rf ~/.config/BraveSoftware/
but it delete all ur settings

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion. I finally am up and running with brave again!

After removing flatpak altogether I reinstalled only office and it’s dependency’s and somehow that resolved the situation. I don’t know if fonts can affect how brave works or whether it was something else but hey ho I’m up and running!

Bob

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.