Brave Talk recording nowhere to be found at 20 hours

I recorded a video 20 hours ago on Brave Talk PREMIUM and now it is not showing up. Seems like I lost it. So what am I paying for? I looked at many other forum posts and it seems this is a common issue. I am extremely disappointed, as I cannot get an important call back.

@jrasband,
To confirm, you don’t see it when you go to talk.brave.com (note that you may need to login to account.brave.com first, then check talk.brave.com)?

That’s right - I went to that link and did not find it there. I made another recording today and saw it there after I first made it, but then when I logged out and logged back in, it disappeared too.

@jrasband,
Thank you for confirming — asking a couple team members about this. Hope to have more information for you soon.

Apologies for getting back to you so late here — not sure if there still time but can you tell me if you’re logged in using the same browser profile that was being used when you made the recording?

Yes I am! :slight_smile:
Brave Browser

Can you please try the following?

1. Visit talk.brave.com
  2. Open the dev tools panel by clicking Main menu --> More tools — Dev tools:
  3. Once open, click the Application tab (note that you may need to click the >> icon to reveal the option:
  4. Then, on the left, click Local storage --> https://talk.brave.com
  5. Check to see if there is a recordings key → click on it if so.

If you’ve gotten this far, you can find your recording (hopefully) by expanding the most recent entry, copying the url entry (make sure you remove the quotes) and pasting that into the browser (note that in my example image below I’ve blocked some data for security reasons):

Thank you for the suggestion.

This works on my regular browser window, where I can see the test recording I made today, but I only get the test recording.
I tried doing this on my private browser window, and I could not find any recording either on the Brave Talk link itself, or through what you have showed me.

Yesterday when I was attempting to download the replay of the recording on my private browser, which is where it was recorded, it crashed my browser. I was then unabel to find it again.

So maybe the issue has to do with me using a private browser window on Brave?

That depends — are you closing the Private window before attempting to retrieve your recording? Also, Private window or not, after recording a and ending the call, you should see it appear immediately on the talk.page.com page as soon as the call is ended. I just want to 100% confirm that you do not see the talk recording appear after ending the call (image below is a recording I took a moment ago — this is what I see immediately after ending the call):

I have a similar question – I don’t see the download icon for my call (Premium account, ended 2 hours ago, no private window used). Only the icon for the transcript is visible. Can’t seem to find any way to get to my recording!

Might have to see if I can follow your instructions above to find it, but that’s a pain in the ass when it should be easily available.

@AndiLynn,

Yes, it should be easy but this is the unfortunate nature of bugs. I apologize for the late reply here but were you able to find your recordings?

No, not yet. When I go to talk.brave.com I don’t see a Main Menu anywhere to be able to follow your steps above.

I went to check on the version of Brav e I have and noticed there was an update option–I clicked to update and it’s just spiraling for nearly an hour. It shouldn’t take that long, I’m guessing. ??

This is what it said before I clicked for it to update…

Would that explain it?

It’s unlikely that the update would prevent you from getting your recording but you should update anyway.

Also the main menu — the way in which you access all your Brave settings and data and options — is found on the top-right corner of the browser:

OH, thank you! I thought this was something on the actual page.
So, I followed instructions and only find a transcript url:

Doesn’t seem to have recorded, though I know I recorded it–recall it saying “session is being recorded” (or whatever the phrase is) when I started it

@AndiLynn,
Unfortunately it does not appear as if the call was recorded properly. I will ask the team to take a look but I’m not sure what other options are available at this time.

OK, thanks for your attention and responses!