Brave Talk pop up on new tab constantly appears with no way to stop it

I don’t care about Brave Talk. Stop pointing at it every time I open a new tab.

@jazardly,
Can you be more specific about what you’re referring to? Where exactly are you seeing the browser “point” to Brave Talk?

whenever I open a new tab there’s an annoying thing in the bottom right corner pointing at the brave talk icon

@jazardly,
Ahhh I see, thank you for confirming. You’re saying that the pop-up does not go away even after you hit the x on it? Because hitting it once should dismiss it.

1 Like

@jazardly then disable it. What you’re seeing is likely the card that exists on the NTP. It’s there for people who do use it.

@Mattches I’m assuming they mean the below:

@jazardly to disable, you see where it says Edit Cards? Click on it and then on Hide under Brave Talk.

1 Like

@Saoiray,
Yes you are correct, but even so clicking the x should dismiss that message.

1 Like

The issue was that it kept reappearing when I opened a new tab no matter how many times I clicked the X. This isn’t happening anymore so I guess its fixed.

We should have the option to remove the icon on the bottom right corner too.

1 Like

That’s very logical but doesn’t stop the camera icon and link persisting for me. Are there any other suggestions?

That’s going to stay, if talking the below:

Though that may be a good request for change. But if you’re speaking of anything coming out of it, then it shouldn’t appear once it’s been dismissed.

Thanks Saoiray.

That’s the icon I mean. And yes, the Cards are disabled.
Doesn’t seem to be a way to fix this annoying little glitch.
:slightly_frowning_face:

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/monknow-new-tab-personal/lnbjajkbekhkgablenknhapphbdbldeh

I am not upset about that icon but yes i agree new tab needs more features and Customizations… If not, atleast wallpapers… Nothing has been updated for over a year now, Especially Brave Backgrounds…

For Now, if you dont want to see that icon, new tab extensions are your only choice.

That looks super for anyone wanting lots on their screen. Unfortunately I’m trying for the opposite - i.e. to get less.
Thanks for the thought tho.