Brave stopped opening after installing Davinci Resolve 18 on windows

Description of the issue:
I installed Davinci Resolve 18, free version. On restart, Brave would not open; a brief window frame would pop up and then immediately close. I tried reinstalling Brave but the same thing happens. I uninstalled Resolve, and now Brave works again.

How can this issue be reproduced?
Possibly by installing Resolve.

Expected result:
Ideally both softwares can coexist

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.43.93

Additional Information: I notice that Resolve installed a bunch of C++ packages and my initial guess is that overwrote something Brave depended on. However, I don’t know if the packages were reverted when I uninstalled Resolve, or if it’s something else entirely.

I would like to be able to use Resolve but Brave is more important.

Hi @nealscnc welcome back to Community!

I actually have Davinci resolve 18 installed and I was able to force quit and reopen Brave without an issue.
I’m not sure what might be causing the issue here?
@Mattches thoughts?

Not super clear on what the situation here might be — no reason Davinci should be interfering with Brave and even stranger that you don’t see the same behavior. @SaltyBanana you tested on macOS or on Windows?

If I have an hour to throw at it I will try the install again and see if the same thing happens. It is theoretically possible that it was unrelated to Resolve, it’s the timing that made me think that. If you can’t reproduce and nobody else is complaining, it’s probably a third or fourth party interaction that is specific to my setup and you shouldn’t spend too much time on it.

1 Like

Let us know if you find out anymore information — I’ve asked a couple colleagues about this in case anyone has useful input.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.