BRAVE start page > desired result - BLANK

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will be closed immediately. Repeatedly posting as such will get you flagged or banned.

Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting. Thank you!
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:
Brave start page - is it possible (for the user) to configure Brave start page so it’s completely blank?

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Have checked all Brave settings, unable to find any that allow user to config to have the initial page as blank.
For example, Firefox has (as a choice) about:preferences#home [Homepage and new windows][Blank page]
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
At the moment I get:

&

Expected result:
I would like

(but Brave obviously :slight_smile:
Reproduces how often:
Constant at present as I am unable to configure this, until some kind person helps out! :slight_smile:
Brave Version(about:brave):
Brave, Version 0.58.18 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Yes

Additional Information:
Help please, many thanks in advance.

create and save a blank html file in your HOME directory or anywhere else, then add the path to startup setting

1 Like

Pat-san - Genius! Excellent! Especially as it works!! Thanks so very much!

:smiley::bowing_man::smile:

2 Likes

You’re welcome! :smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.