Brave signs me out of Google services after a couple minutes

After a short while on a Google page, like 3 minutes or so, Brave signs me out in the background. I can temporarily sign back in to Google but my device isn’t recognised so I have to confirm my identity using my phone. When I reload the page or do a Google search etc with a new tab, I find I have been signed out again. This applies to services like Search, Drive, Gmail and Cloud. The only exception is Youtube, for whatever reason I seem to have no problems with Youtube and remain signed in.

To be clear, I do NOT close Brave, I just reload a tab or open a new one after a few minutes and I’m signed out of all Google services.

Until this issue began yesterday, I haven’t touched my settings since I installed Brave many months ago. The only changes to my system I am aware of are a Windows update, an Nvidia GPU update and the latest Brave update.

I have tried disabling the Brave translation feature on the advice of a random Reddit user and it did nothing. I have triple-checked my cookie settings and I see no reason why Brave would be deleting them: I am allowing ALL cookies, safe browsing is turned off and cookies, history etc should be saved when I close Brave.

Any help with this irritating problem would be welcome.

Description of the issue:
Brave signs me out of Google after a few minutes.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open a new tab with a Google page and sign in.
  2. Wait for 3 minutes
  3. Reload Google page or open in new tab.

Expected result:
You are signed out of Google services and your device isn’t recognised.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.60.118 Chromium: 119.0.6045.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Desktop PC Intel 13700k, Windows 11 fully updated.

@bliptrip I’m not able to replicate this issue. You did not discuss whether you have any extensions or have tried disabling them. Nor have you discussed anything like your Shields settings globally or on a per site basis.

When I say on a per site basis, I mean to click on the lion (Shields) icon on the address bar and you’ll see something like below:

The settings changed from that portion will impact that site only. So if you’ve made changes there, it will override anything you set elsewhere in the browser.

Also, can you share a screenshot of brave://extensions/, such as:

Other things to note:

• Are you using anything like a VPN?

• Does this same behavior occur in a private window?

• Can you create a new user profile and see if it happens there, making sure you don’t add extensions or change settings?

• Do you have any programs like CCleaner, Avast Cleaner, any web security program, or anything of the sort on your device?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.