Brave shows managed by your organisation but chrome doesnt

So for some reason my chrome browser used to show “managed by an organisation” and i tried to do everything to fix it but nothing worked then i found a script called “chrome policy remover” and that fixed the issue but the problem is that it only removed the “managed by your organisation” from chrome but if i use other browsers like brave the “managed by your organisation” shows in brave. Can someone please help me with this?

@Subh0852,
This message typically displays when an extension, flag, or system policy has changed something related to the browser.

First thing I’d be interested to know is whether or not anything shows up on your brave://policy page?

For example, my policy page shows no policies/values set — do you see anything on this page?

so the crazy thing is chrome shows nothing but brave shows this

btw did you read the part about “chrome policy remover”? is there some script that can do that for brave?. my chrome is working fine but i want to switch to brave that why im trying to fix this

@Subh0852,
Thank you for the information.
So we can do this a couple of ways — I think the easiest way would be to remove the directory enforcing this policy using RegEdit:

1. On your Windows machine, search and open RegEdit
  2. In the address bar at the top (above the where the directories are shown), enter the following directory (you can also navigate there manually if you prefer)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\BraveSoftware\Brave
  3. Here, you should see an ExtensionInstallForceList folder listed — go ahead and delete this

Relaunch the browser and check brave://policy again and confirm that the policy is no longer in effect.

the problem is i dont see either the brave or chrome folder in the policy section that why i had to use the script to remove the “managed by your organisation” from chrome because i couldnt do it manually.

do you have any other suggestions?

hii, my issue got fixed actually for me the actual policies folder was not in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE it was actually in HKEY_CURRENT_USER. so after i found that i just did what you said and its fixed now thanks

2 Likes