Brave seems to change my region on google.co.uk

Hello, I since recently use the Brave browser. I am from the UK, so I use google.co.uk. But smh for some reason brave constantly changes the region to the Netherlands, so on the bottom left corner it just says Netherlands instead of the United Kingdom. And I constantly have to change the region to United Kingdom. I don’t seem to have this issue on google chrome, just on Brave. It mostly happens when opening Brave, or when I look something up and switch back to the google homepage

Can anyone help me out?

@DaveHagen Google uses a person’s IP address and/or OS regional settings to determine location by default. If you have a Google account and are signed in, then it uses your account settings. So those are generally the first places to look in regards to what websites are using to identify your region.

In terms of any changes you make not being saved, such as it reverting back to a different country than you chose, this would generally be a matter of cookies. If you’re blocking or clearing cookies on a regular basis, then this would mean you’re preventing the website(s) from remembering your settings.

So things to consider:

1. Your OS locale/region settings
  2. IP address, especially if you’re using VPN/proxy
  3. Google account settings (especially if you’re signed in)
  4. Settings in Shields, especially if you’re blocking cookies.
  5. Making sure you’re not deleting cookies on exit. Or that you don’t have forget me when I close this site enabled for Google, unless you want to reset your preferences each time
  6. Any extensions you have added that might do the same as above.

Typically, issue would be in one of those.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.