Brave’s action ‘Create PDF’ not working since 1.31 update

Brave’s action ‘Create PDF’ is no longer functioning since the last update on September 18th.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Launch Brave
  2. Visit any website, preferably with an article.
  3. Click on the Ellipsis (= ‘More actions’) bottom right.
  4. Scroll down to bottom of action list.
  5. Click on ‘Create PDF’.
  6. Nothing happens.

Expected Result:
PDF is created

iOS Share Sheet is called, with “Save to files” option.
(Personal setting from ‘Edit Actions’ functionally)

Actual Result:
Nothing happens

Reproduces how often:
Always

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Yes

Brave Version:

Version 1.31 (23)

Device iPhone 12 Pro Max → iOS 14.8

Additional information:

A workaround is available, as something else has changed:

The ‘Make PDF’ action from the ‘Edit Actions’ functionality, has changed to ‘Create PDF’ since the latest update. Essentially giving a similar outcome to Brave’s own ‘Create PDF’ action. The old iOS ‘Make PDF’ action didn’t have the same outcome. Brave’s ‘Create PDF’ gives a ‘cleaner’ result for some reason.

This is not a viable change to the original functionality, as an extra drill-down is needed.

Additionally, the ‘Edit Actions’ functionality doesn’t save any changes being made. This too is since the latest update.

Fully uninstalling and reinstalling did not solve or change the issue.

Thanks for this report,
We build 1.31 with new iOS build tools in order to support iOS15 release which goes live next week

Perhaps it changed something in the actions/share sheet menu, i will investigate it on Monday

Thanks for your swift reply.
I will keep an eye out for any changes.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

1 Like

I can confirm this bug on my iPad.
It is a killer feature for me, so I hope it will work again soon. #fingerscrossed

Update is out, you have to go to the AppStore to update manually,
1.31.1 should fix that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Confirmed.
Brave version 1.31.1 manually retrieved from checking for updates at App Store, tested the ‘Create PDF’ functionality from Brave menu actions and it works in exactly the way it did before the last update.

Thanks a lot for the fix! Unmissable feature for research purposes!

The other issue, which wasn’t as clearly described probably, as it wasn’t the main issue, is that the iOS Share Sheet doesn’t save any changes made with the ‘Edit Actions’ functionality at the bottom of the Share Sheet.
You can add actions, and change them around, but when leaving the Share Sheet it will reappear in it’s default settings and order.

glad it works for you :slight_smile:

As for the share sheet i think it’s Apple controlled, i have to double check it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.