Brave rewards wallet question

Hello,

I would like to start using the brave browser and earning rewards.
Do I need to set up a wallet to earn the brave rewards or can I link it to my Coinbase account to store the rewards?

Appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Cassidy

Hey @cbsolch ! Welcome to the community :smiley:

Unfortunately, you can only connect Uphold to Brave, but we are working towards allowing users to connect to Gemini as well. In terms of starting rewards, when you install the browser you can turn on Rewards in your brave://rewards page.

The process of connecting your browser to an external wallet such as Uphold or Gemini, depends on your device :

• Android users require 15 BAT earned through the browser to connect to an external wallet.
  • Desktop users have no requirement, only that they have a verified Uphold account.

Hope that helped!

Porridge

1 Like

Wait, the 25 BAT requirement for desktops was also lifted? Can you link me to the announcement? Someone else was asking for that link, and I couldn’t find it. Also the announcement about the BAT-per-day limit applying to all profiles combined instead of individually? (I know I saw them–just can’t seem to find them anymore.)

1 Like

I cant seem to find an official announcement but this feature has been in for a while I believe. The feature limiting Ads across profiles is relatively new but there is no official announcement for that as well.

Porridge

1 Like

Interesting. I’m pretty sure I saw announcements for both, but maybe it was just posts from one of the staff responding to someone. These sorts of changes need to have announcements posted (maybe in a separate category with comments turned off).

1 Like

Ill bring it up with the Support Team :smiley:

Porridge

1 Like

it wasn’t really lifted it was just reduced. the point is that the limit only prevents you from create an Uphold wallet from the browser. I don’t remember in which release notes was announced though

since I started using brave it was possible to create the uphold account in their site and then link it to your brave wallet – after completing the kyc process I think –

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.