Brave rewards verify - unable to select uphold

Briefly describe your issue:
I’ve been using brave for about 2 years now and i verified my rewards through uphold. However, for the past few months I have been unable to verify through uphold on my computer. When i select verify there is only once choice in the verify menu. I would prefer to not use that option as i already have BAT in my uphold account, and would rather not sigh up for another separate wallet.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Mac OS 10.13
Version 1.36.111 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) (x86_64)
](https://brave.com/latest/)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes
What date did you verify your wallet?
A long time ago
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No
**Are you in a supported region
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes
Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes

It should still be Uphold, right? The way it works is every once in a while (it used to be 180 days, not sure what it is now), people can get signed out of Uphold from Brave Rewards. This doesn’t actually disconnect your Rewards from Uphold, but it just stops you from seeing your balance or being able to withdraw from it. It’s a safety thing in case you’re not longer using it.

So generally you just Verify and Log In to Uphold again. It then will retrieve your balance and make it visible there for you to see. Or if left alone, you just won’t see your Uphold balance while at brave://rewards/ or the widget on your New Tab screen and all. But on the server side, they’d still be connected regardless and you’d continue to receive payments.

It now only lets me select BitFlyer with no options for Uphold.

I wouldnt worry so much, except now in brave://rewards-internals it says:
uphold wallet: 0 BAT

Wallet status: Not connected

Are you in Japan? If not, could you have done something to make your device appear as if it’s in Japan?

I am in japan currently. Will i need to wait for when i return to canada? It says uphold is supported in japan.

Okay, that’s why. Brave tracks your location and settings. So ads that are displayed are for that region, which means you should be seeing ads from Japan. It’s also assuming you’re in Japan. As such, it would be offering you the only option available in Japan, which is Bitflyer. (Bitflyer not available to users outside of Japan, at least not for BAT)

And yeah, if you’re usually from Canada and just in Japan on a short trip, it will probably be best to turn off Brave Rewards for now. The reason being is otherwise as you move back and forth between countries, the system COULD flag you thinking you’re trying to bypass regional restrictions for ads and all. As ads are intended for people from those regions. If you’re going to be there for a while due to work, school, or whatever else, I guess keep settings and earning BAT, then switch when you get back. As for the custodial wallet, yeah…you’ll likely want to wait and set it up with wherever you live (the majority of your time)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.