Can't Verify Gemini for Brave rewards

Briefly describe your issue:

I can’t verify my Gemini wallet on my WIN 11 computer. This keeps popping up. I have tried with my VPN on and with my VPN off.

Error: Brave Rewards profile is flagged

Unfortunately, your Brave Rewards profile has been flagged, and you’re not able to verify with a custodian at this time. This flag can sometimes be due to irregular Brave Ads activity, though it can also be a false positive.

Note that while your Brave Rewards profile is flagged, you won’t be able to verify.

No action is required on your part. Your Brave Rewards profile will be automatically reevaluated on a regular basis to determine when (or if) the flag can be removed. Please try again every so often to see if the flag has been removed.

It was verified on my android phone, but won’t on my Windows computer

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Win11 and Brave Version 1.46.133 Chromium: 108.0.5359.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) no

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) Yes, but also tried to verify after I turned off my VPN

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)? YES

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)? YES

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? N/A

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner? YES

This means your profile is suspended. You can appeal at Rewards Support Ticket

1 Like

Thanks for your reply and link. Not sure why it would be. I filled out a ticket. I shall see what happens next.

Again thanks.

Usually because of “suspicious” or abnormal activity. One of the contributing factors often is a VPN. Just to be clear, the idea of using a VPN in itself is not enough to flag, but it goes a step further to look at reasonableness.

Like let’s say you’re in Vietnam and you always use VPN to connect to United States. Initially, it might assume you’re doing it to watch Netflix or something. But then as you’re almost always connected to USA, it says, “why?” Using a node so far from you would actually increase latency. So you’re not getting better performance. And you’re not on Netflix 24/7. Therefore, it reasons, the person must be doing this just to try to abuse the system because USA has more campaigns and higher BAT earnings.

Or in others, it’s because of automation. Such as setting up macros or something to control your device. Think of programming it to open new tabs every 15 minutes to try to get NTP, or opening and scrolling through Brave News repeatedly. Activity that is obviously not something a person would be capable of doing. It would recognize this is a person trying to maximize earnings and it’s not just “natural use” of the browser.

Or, yet another, would be seeing a large amount of devices connected to the same IP address and possibly even the same custodial partner. People might say their family is trying to help or something, but it’s seeing like 30 devices. At this point, it “knows” that in likelihood you’re just running a bunch of junk stuff for earnings, using emulators, or whatever. It’s just not realistic for that many devices to all be connected and running. This is especially true as it determines how active those devices might be.

There’s a lot more to it than just that, but those are some of the primary reasons. And, just to let you know, Brave never discloses why a profile is flagged. They used to, but people took advantage of it. Instead of using it to avoid activity, people then used the knowledge to try to learn how to avoid detection. So as annoying as it is, you’ll never have an answer as to “why.”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.