Brave Rewards for Taiwan

Briefly describe your issue:
Can’t verify Brave Rewards with Gemini in Taiwan.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 11, Brave v1.40.105

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
June 24th

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes, but I’m useing Gemini, not Uphold.

This is because Taiwan is one of the many countries not supported at this time. Gemini is only allowing users from Brave from certain countries to connect. Some of it is because of legalities while others are because of high incidences of fraud. You can see the list of countries supported by Gemini at NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini

Gemini said its Brave’s problem.

| 不含病毒。www.avast.com |

• | - |

Stephen Ray via Brave Community <[email protected]> 於 2022年6月24日 週五 中午12:17寫道:

They did not say that. What they told you was to reach out to Brave only because they saw you mention Brave. They did not tell you it is only Brave’s problem. That said, as I told you in the prior comment, Gemini is not permitting Brave to connect at this time. Neither company is wanting to tell us the specific reason, only that there have been some changes in laws and policies which is causing the temporary disruption.

The importance is to show Gemini will allow users in many countries but they will not allow Brave.

If you understand English fluently, you can hear people from Brave discuss this in one of the more recent Community Calls they make weekly. I posted about it at Psa: updates from brave call

The YouTube video is https://youtu.be/gdgf4CayBQI?t=2529 I put a time stamp on it to be around when I started talking to them to ask questions. The first one directs what you asked. The summary, which I shared in the link to the PSA, is as follows:

We’ve moved fast in trying to get BAT to everyone and make ourselves available in as many regions as possible. Unfortunately each government has different restrictions and we’ve encountered some pushback from that in different countries. For example, each country has different requirements for KYC/AML among other things that weren’t being met by current standards, so those regions had to be put on hold while this gets resolved.

We really want India and other countries to be able to be Verified and are working behind the scenes to do everything we need. We hope to get this resolved ASAP but there’s no timeline.

This was about all regions, though focus on India as it had been the most recent region with an issue.

OK, I see.
Thanks for your patience, and for trying to fix the problem.
I’ll wait till it works again in Taiwan.
I hope so.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.