Brave resetted itself, lost all bookmarks, extension and rewards

When I launched Brave it seems to be as it was resetted, and it showed me the quick tour, asked me to import from another browser.
So no bookmark, no extension and no rewards, i think it upgraded itself and lost all data.
How to recover all the old thing? I reached 10 BAT and can’t activated uphold…

Brave Version: 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71

Do you use several profiles with your browser? If so, try to switch to another profile. Maybe your browser uses the “wrong” profile at the startup?

Hi, I used always the main Profile, however how to try to change it?

Try to click here… maybe the profile accidentally has changed. Then you should see here more profiles. I have had this problem one time that at the start there was another profile active (normally I only use one) and so all bookmarks and so one could not be seen. After changing the profile back to my standard profile everything was fine again:

I can not promise that it helps but it is worth a try. :wink:

As i never use profiles i created one and then come back but no way, i lost 10 BAT, unfortunately i can’t get an uphold wallet as i didnot reach the 15 BAT to create one.
Btw thank you for your help any way

What to do to preserve rewards till the 15 BAT?

Before I had an Uphold wallet I used the Brave ones anyway. The only thing I did was to preserve the “magic passphrase” to restore the wallet if needed. This worked very well for me until I created one at Uphold. Unfortunately it is so long ago that I can’t remember exactly how I did this at that time and I think the whole Brave wallet thing changed in the meantime. But maybe this can help you to preserve your rewards until you have your 15 BATs to create an Uphold wallet.

On the other hand I would suggest you to make backups from your Brave-Settings so that you in case can go back to an earlier state without problems. This also could help to preserve your BATs till you can create an Uphold wallet.

The folder you could / should backup from time to time normally can be found here: C:\Users\YourAccount\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.