Brave reports not connected to internet

Description of the issue:
After this latest update Brave is not working properly. It keeps saying that I’m not connected to the internet. But I am. If I turn off Brave Shields, the site works. This holds for every site I’ve tried. Including my router that I entered by ipaddress. When I went to YouTube, it would not show or play any videos.

How can this issue be reproduced?
By trying any url. It affects all.

Expected result:
I expect Brave to properly show the site and to play videos upon request.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.61.114 Chromium: 120.0.6099.199 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I’m running mxlinux 21.3. I have a Gforce nvidia 1030 graphics card and I’m running an AMD cpu.
My computer uses ethernet to my router.
This issue started after the latest update earlier today.
Vivaldi works properly.

I’m having the same issue. Apparently the browser just updated yesterday, so I suspect that update’s the reason for Brave Shield breaking especially since the update includes and update to the version of Chromium being used for the browser. I remember hearing a few months ago that Google was gonna get more strict on ad-blockers on all Chromium based browser, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the crackdown is starting to happen now. I’m not 100% sure if this is the case tho since I haven’t seen anything about it recently.

It was a content blocking list that broke it (EasyList Cookies) but its fixed now

1 Like

ooohhh ok thanks. i’ll see if that works for me.

I’m having the same issue, but I’m running on Windows 10. I’m currently on Tor Browser cause Brave is just not working at all, not even on Android mobile.

Brave is just no longer responding, hell, I can’t even access gmail through Brave
Everything was normal this morning, any suggestions???

brave was working fine for me on apple mobile. it’s just computer brave browser that’s giving me issues.

Turn shields on and off one time, it has been fixed

i tried turning the shield off then back on and it didn’t fix, but i unchecked and rechecked easylist cookie and that fixed it.

I’ll try that too. Can you point me where i can find the easylist cookie???

settings->shields->content filtering->and it’s just on that page

Whoa! apparently that really did the trick!!
Thank you so much, Captain! :smiley:

@Qiset please check if still an issue.

@Huntress you should be able to enable the filter again, it just was a temporary issue yesterday.

If anyone still having issue, try to update components at brave://components

Same here, on Windows

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.