Brave re-enables shield for sites that I disabled it for

Hello.

I have disabled “Shield” for a numerous amounts of sites that I trust or own myself.

But Brave doesn’t seem to respect that and re-enables the shield for some annoying unknown reason after a day or two. How can I stop this behavior?

Kind regards
PowerQuest

1 Like

@PowerQuest,
Shields state should definitely persist – does this change happen immediately after leaving the site? Or do you see these site-level Shields switch back “on” after closing/quitting the browser?

Hi @Mattches

Thank you for your reply.

It seems to happen after I have shut down the browser. Then all my “Shield” settings are reverted back to enabled for all websites.

Kind regards
PowerQuest

@PowerQuest did you have any options enabled for “Clear on exit” under brave://settings/clearBrowserData? Especially “Site settings” option << this will clear site and shields settings whenever you quit Brave.

Hi @eljuno

Thank you for your message.

I have “clear cache” option ticked in the check box. I use this feature (clearing the browser cache) quite regularly when I do dev stuff on my web sites.

Kind regards

@PowerQuest,
Can you try unchecking that option and seeing if Shields then persist?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.