Brave PC Browser stopped showing, and giving BAT for the few that are displayed

Briefly describe your issue:

Brave browser did not payout in January. Since the non-payout, the browser has stopped showing adds. I still get adds as background images, however the amount of BAT I’ve supposedly earned does NOT increase, nor are the ads I’m getting showing up in the Brave Rewards history. I’ve tried various troubleshooting steps to no avail. Please advise.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Windows 10, Brave Version 1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

Yes, Gemini.

What date did you verify your wallet?

About 2 months ago.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Yes.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

No.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

N/A

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??

N/A

1 Like

Bump and additional info:

I am still not receiving adds on my laptop, and have NOT heard anything from Brave Support staff.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the browser after noticing Ive received 1 add in the last 30 days.

No adds display and when I get an add on the home page, the BAT amount stays at 0.

Checked all my system focus settings, and Brave was updated to most current version.

Please advise.

@GSoloist When you say you have not heard anything from Brave Support staff, are you talking about response to this post or did you send a DM to anyone? I’m asking as not even I had seen your post here in all the times I’ve dropped in to visit. I just received a message from @Chocoholic advising me you needed help, which kind of got me in tune with you.

I’m not Brave Support, I’m just an active user who often tries to help here. In terms of Gemini, there’s been a lot of issues with them lately. I even received a response from them today that their integration with Brave is down for maintenance. Add in how at the end of January, they also were down and it didn’t get “fixed” until February 7 and it’s even more frustrating. If you hadn’t seen all of that, check links below.

So not getting rewards on Gemini MAY be associated with that. I know you said you tried all troubleshooting steps and all, so I’m not going to address anything that might be interfering, especially since you said you’re not using a VPN.

The system may have flagged your account or even paused due to the issues with Gemini. Sadly there’s no way for us to know. All that can be done at this time is to have you send a DM to @Mattches or @steeven explaining that you’ve not received your BAT and are having issues with ads and earnings. Then provide them your Wallet Info that you can find in brave://rewards-internals and they should be able to help you. I just want to stress they don’t work the forums on the weekends and they get thousands of requests each day. They try to help ASAP but it can take several days to several weeks to get responses and resolutions.

I’m sorry I can’t really dive too much deeper to help you right now, but I at least wanted to try to provide some information and get you in the right track in getting support.

1 Like

Same issue. Windows laptop and Gemini.

I supposedly earned 2 BAT for January. When the pending notice went away, the BAT disappeared. They are not in my Gemini wallet. The stats for January have reverted to 0. However I just saved the list of all the Ads I received in the last 30 days.

Additionally, as of yesterday, no ad notifications appear. They show on the launch page, but the earnings tally has not increased.

The BAT on my android went to uphold with no problems.

@charlisbestfriend yeah, so I’m assuming you saw my comment above. It seems to apply to your situation as well

@GSoloist,
Please send me your wallet payment ID found on your brave://rewards-internals page. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.