Brave not working post latest update

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:
After I updated my

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Additional Information:

After I reacted to your prompt to update my brave browser on my Mac it no longer works as it did. When I set up an account here, I needed to activate my new account. I click on the activate link your email in my inbox, but it opened a blank window with a black folder symbol with sad face. I was able to do it from my mobile but not my MacBook Pro. Many of my bookmarks now won’t open either a sad face folder blank page. How can this be resolved please?

When I click on ‘about brave’ nothing happens
macOS Ventura 13.4

@BecsLew,
Are you able to view any sites from within Brave after updating? Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time?

Sadly no, nothing is retrieved when I use the brave browser

I don’t have any extensions as far as I am aware.

Can you please try launching Brave from the Terminal with a new test profile and see if the browser still crashes? You can do this using the following command in the terminal:

open -a "Brave Browser.app" -n --args --profile-directory="testprofile"

Hi, I how do I get to the terminal please?

Found at https://support.apple.com/guide/terminal/open-or-quit-terminal-apd5265185d-f365-44cb-8b09-71a064a42125/mac

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.