Brave not starting on Linux Mint (Segmentation fault) (seems resolved)

Description of the issue:
Sorry this issue is seemingly not confined to one channel for me.

Yesterday I setup Brave beta channel and it worked great. At the end of the day I run my script to do a general software update and a shutdown.

This morning Brave will not start at all from link, when started from the terminal it gives “Segmentation fault”. I installed the release and dev versions of Brave today as well, all give the same result. With as little as the error gives I don’t know what other info to give.

This is on Linux Mint “Tara” 19 64 bit.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
$ brave-browser
Segmentation fault

$ brave-browser-beta
Segmentation fault

$ brave-browser-dev
Segmentation fault

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
The fault, no browser starts

Expected result:
Browser starting.

Reproduces how often:
Right now: always

Brave Version(about:brave):
brave-browser --version Brave Browser beta brave-browser-beta --version
Brave Browser beta
$ brave-browser-dev --version
Brave Browser dev

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):

Today brave seems to behave.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.