Brave mobile browser errors and flickers when opening websites support needed

Description of the issue: multiple repeat images and flickering observed in brave mobile browser when opening quora imdb etc

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Opening quora on mobile or this link : https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-most-valuable-metal-in-the-world
  2. Opening upcoming releases section of imdb in mobile

Expected result: no double images or flickering pages load smooth and fast

Brave Version: 1.64.122 chromium: 123.0.6312.122

**Mobile Device details: *using a poco m3 pro 5G… *
mobile miui version : miui global 14.0.6

Does this happen on other websites than Quora or ImdB

1 Like

Mostly… I haven’t checked other websites these are the ones that i use the most and I have noticed the errors

Hlo its very important can anyone give a solution for this…

@grimenio I’m unable to replicate when I’ve tried checking. I’m going to ask you to do a few things.

1. Can you make sure things are updated. The current version of Brave is 1.64.122 on Android.

2. Can you share a screenshot of this issue occurring?

3. Can you turn off Shields and advise if the issue continues to happen?

4. Would you open in a New Private tab and see if the issue happens on that?

5. Restart your device and make sure doesn’t resolve.

6. For clarification, is this only happening on certain websites or all?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply really appreciate it
Here is the thing

I updated brave to 1.64.122 and relaunched the phone -problem persists
disabled shields and tried in private mode -problem persists

And it happens occasionally in some websites and always in websites like quora and the upcoming releases section of imdb link : https://www.imdb.com/calendar/?ref_=nv_mv_cal

The screen record shows the flickering

Heres the screen shot for quora page which i gave link in the original post

And here is another page of quora

And this for imdb page where entries repeat itself

If didn’t resolve on this, likely won’t help. but other thing I’d say to try is to clear cookies and cache. It will log you out of everything, yet may need to be done.

Screenshots and video recording below of me trying on my Android.

I have tried clearing cache and cookies yet no improvement are there clearly no way i can fix this? (Thanks for your support though)

Well, I know I was working with you on basic stuff. I’m personally not aware of much else to be done right now. But keep in mind I’m another user and not someone from Brave. We can tag in @Mattches and/or @fanboynz to see if they have any ideas of what might be happening or advice to give. Do keep in mind with it being Friday afternoon, they may not be able to get back to you until after the weekend sometime.

I’m thinking about only other thing is for you to check on Chrome to see if it happens there as well. Then maybe try to get Brave Beta or Brave Nightly to see if it does it there as well. But beyond that, unsure which direction to go. It’s a weird issue.

1 Like

To me it seems like this might be specific to the device that you’re using rather than the browser itself. I am interested to see if you see this behavior in other browsers/apps as well. Looking online I am seeing other users with the same device as you with blinking/flickering screen issues.

I also cannot reproduce this issue on my Android device. Please let us know if you see this issue on other apps/browsers as well.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into this
I have tried opening the same website in both chrome and firefox nightly had no issues.
Also i opened up several apps like copilot chat gpt notepad file explorers and g pay no display issue noted only it shows these display errors in brave (both tab and private tab).
Also should i edit some brave flags to fix it?..

I got a fix for it the flicker stopped when i disabled the ‘force enable zoom’ on the accessibility tab of Mobile settings either it was that or it got fixed after update or by itself…cant clarify, anyways … Thanks for your time this definitely improved my user experience

3 Likes