Brave menu blocks top drop down on Mac...can't see status of wifi

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Brave menu blocks top drop down on Mac…can’t see status of wifi.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1.install Brave on Mac
2.use Brave
3.try to see status bar at top on Mac drop down menu

**Expected result:**Cant see complete drop down menu

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.15.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Mobile Device detailsMac Book Pro IOS 10.16.7

**Additional Information:**I have to close Brave to be able to see drop down menu…not good!

Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of this issue?

Here are two shots…one with Brave running and one without…

DennisScreen Shot 2020-10-15 at 12.05.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-15 at 12.05.08 PM.png

This is a deficiency in macos if your screen res is small enough… Basically depending on what program you have focus on will have whatever amount of menu items where you’ll run into conflicts with what is displayable on your menubar…

Basically you’ll want something like https://www.macbartender.com/

*not sure why this is in mobile… seems like a macos issue…

Why is it only found using Brave…? All other programs work fine!

On my MacBook Pro 2020

@proav8r,
What exactly is the issue? I’m having trouble seeing what is being blocked from view based on the images you have shared.

All your other programs you use don’t have the amount of menus for you to see it… run a program like eclipse or something with a lot of menus, you’ll go oh… basically for me even running at 1680x1050 screen res, without bartender, I’ll have program menu overrunning my system menubar…

The dynamic menu bar is “covering” items in the System Tray - notice icons to the left of “97%” are missing, until you see “Help”.

It’s because on the MacOs, when you load an application, that app’s menu options are displayed in a “common area” in the top panel (not on the app’s own dedicated menu bar)… and when you switch to another app, its menu options are now displayed.

I have the same functionality on my Plasma desktop (KDE) openSuse Linux.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

What if you run another program that has nine+ top level menu items (like Brave)?
(app will need a couple of menu names of equal length (like “Bookmarks”) as with Brave menu options)

I think @megaspaz has correctly identified the issue - it’s with MacOs at low resolutions

I do not have this issue cause my resolution is 3840x1600, running on Plasma desktop that has a dynamic application menu in the top panel.)

1 Like

I agree that this is likely a macOS issue and not necessarily specific to Brave.

Unable to see WiFi and Bluetooth status when Brave is running.

Did you read all the replies in this thread?
This issue is not with Brave … please read all replies for more information.
(it’s related to low screen resolution - not with Brave).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.