Brave suddenly stopped working today after a reboot(routine shutdown). No internet connections are working, including to the router’s IP address. Other browsers were working fine.
When I close Brave, there is a process still running in task manager, that cannot be killed, using about 13700K of memory.
If I restart Brave another such process appears on close.
[Version 1.8.95 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)] on Windows 7.
In settings, Brave takes a few seconds and reports that it is up to date, which suggests maybe it is able to connect to sites.
Update- I have discovered that if I open brave, eventually the inability to get internet leaks to other browsers, and those browsers will also stop working after about an hour. Only solution at that point is to reboot.
This first requires trying to open a site in Brave, where it then just says connecting…