Brave is totally and completely DOA

Prior install of Brave was fine - but it completely stopped working for no apparent reason - pages not loading. I deleted the entire app plus all associated files and started with a completely new install. I also cleared the DNS cache.

Same issue. It is totally DOA. Suggestions anyone ? Chrome works fine / Safari works fine.

Recognizing that you reinstalled it, did you try creating a new profile?

Even after a reinstall, it could be referencing your existing (old) profile; and if there’s any issue there, it may carry over into the ‘fresh’ install.

Also, any error messages you’re seeing? Sounds like the app starts up at least?

App starts but trying to go to a site produces this :

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://apple.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_INVALID_HANDLE

I created a new profile and I was able to go to a couple of sites but it quickly became non functional. Started all over - total delete - new profile etc. but this time it started up but was unable to access any sites with same error as quoted above.

One day it was working fine and then suddenly this disaster :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help though.

Best regards,

Bill

edit :

Not sure why but it seems that Little Snitch went rogue on me and was blocking all connections attempted by Brave. It is now fixed and fully functional.

Sorry to have troubled you folks.

Best regards,

Bill

2 Likes

Hey, no problem – glad it was that and not some ugly, new bug. :slight_smile: Thank you for letting everyone know!

I’m actually quite relieved that it wasn’t an issue on our end!

Appreciate you both :slight_smile: