Brave is stealing my money

I already made a post about this the first time it happened. A brave support agent contacted me and told me they forwarded it to their team, and then never got back to me. Brave has taken 20 BAT from me TWICE right before my payment date.

Ignoring the fact that they didn’t give me my entire reward for September, Brave has taken 40 BAT in total from my account for no reason. I’m considering not even using Brave anymore because this is genuinely unethical. You can’t take BAT your users have earned and get away with it because Uphold doesn’t send us notifications for sent BAT. I did NOT do these transactions myself and there is no reason they should be happening.

When I made my original post multiple people said they had the same problem and didn’t receive any help for it. If I don’t get quick help for this I will stop using Brave altogether and warn my friends to stop using it. If there is any more information you need please tell me.

6 Likes

How can the brave support team do transactions without the users permission ? This is wrong and why uphold is allowing this ??

2 Likes

They have access to our Uphold accounts so they can basically do anything they want if you don’t look at your transactions. I’ve had to deal with terrible companies before trying to take my money but I’ve never seen something this bold. I’m hoping It’s just a glitch and Brave doesn’t actually think their users can be taken advantage of.

1 Like

That is why as soon as I get my BAT I take it out of uphold. I have heard too many stories of uphold doing some shady very things to keep anything in there.

2 Likes

I am going to start taking it out every month even If my issue is solved, my trust was completely broken. I contacted Uphold too and they said It needs to be handled on Brave’s end. Brave is the one transferring the BAT out of my account.

everyone should do this…

1 Like

Thanks for reporting @rachelking . I can help to troubleshoot. A few questions to start:

• Do you have multiple devices linked to your Uphold?
  • If so, can you share a screenshot of your Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

Thank you in advance!

@steeven I sent you my info, please check

I didn’t receive the payment since 2 months ago!! Please help

1 Like
  1. I have Brave on my laptop and on my computer. I downloaded Brave on my laptop long before this started happening.

I posted about this days ago and I’m still waiting on a response.

1 Like

@rachelking can you share a screenshot of your event logs from your other device as well? Thanks!

@achiandet please see response to your thread.

I did NOT set up the contributions I can see on my laptop. I was barely even on these websites to begin with. Why is this happening? Is Brave easy to hack into or something?? I didn’t even use animepahe for more than a couple minutes. Thank you for helping me, I know this isn’t your fault.

I had the same thing happen to me, started my own thread for it and have yet to receive a reply, so posting about it here now.

1 Like

@rachelking, Auto-contribute is ON by default, and must be turned off manually to disable. Based on your event log, it looks like that’s what caused your BAT to be contributed. AC was enabled on September 23rd.

1 Like

Hi @Techlord, will review your thread now.

I understand that now, is there any way for me to get a refund? I did not do these contributions myself. I got Brave on my laptop on September 23rd, I didn’t have any problems in September or October. Thank you for telling me It’s on by default, I will turn that off now.

@steeven check my renponse here please
2 MONTHS with NO PAYMENT (HELP PLEASE)

Hi @rachelking, please DM me the email linked to your account and I can help with that. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @steeven I replied, waiting for your answer, have a nice day!!!