When using Google search engine. and only Google search engine. in Brave Browser, and only in Brave Browser, ESET anti virus blocks address https://inkestyle.net.
If I try to go directly to https://inkestyle.net from any browser (Google Chrome, Firefox or Brave) ESET blocks the address.
It looks like ESET is doing it’s job.
So why is https://inkestyle.net being accessed but only when using the combination of Brave and Google search engine?
What’s the connection?
Any ideas how this can be fixed?
PS. I did find some vague information about Avast anti virus blocking inkestyle.net as well but why information or solutions to stop it.
Version 1.32.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Thanks for any help
I don’t think I understand what’s happening. Do you mean it randomly happens on its own, or are you searching for the site and then using a link in Google search results?
A screenshot or short recording capturing the issue might help, if it can’t be easily explained.
Opening https://www.inkestyle.net/ I get
403 Forbidden this is directly related to the site itself, not Brave
I will simplify.
- I open Brave.
- I go to Google.com or I can set Google as my default search engine.
- I type in what I’m searching for (anything. dog, cat, mouse, bird etc.)
- When I hit enter the search results page comes up but ESET throws a warning that inkestyle.net is blocked.
- Again. This only happens with Brave and the Google search engine.
After reading your replies and writing the above, I turned ESET off and tried the steps again.
- I got no ESET warning of course.
- I opened https://www.inkestyle.net/ directly and got the 403 error. So I agree there is something wrong with the site when going directly to it.
The question still remains. Why is ESET throwing a site blocked warning when using only Brave and Google search?
It sounds to me like you have malware on your computer.
What version of Windows is this? 7?
Is ESET being kept up to date? Can you do a full system scan with ESET?
Windows 10 21H1.
Up to date.
I’m aware of the Avast report as stated earlier.
Can you add a short screen recording of the issue? Please make sure to include as much of the screen as possible, but at least the URL bar (address bar) while this is happening. Thanks.
Agreed. Looks like something is attempting to hijack your search results pages, but getting stopped by ESET. But whatever is causing it is still there.
I would disable all extensions and see if it still occurs. And if you haven’t already, it would be a good idea to run a full scan AND an ‘offline scan’ if ESET supports that. Or you could try something like Malwarebytes.
Some articles on the topic:
It’s a miracle. I mention this only to Brave community and ESET and the problem disappeared. Here and at work. Which I never mentioned that I was having the same issue at work.
Things that make you go, hmm.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.