Brave fails to print ('loading preview' times out) Windows 10

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Ctrl-P or selecting ‘Print’ from the menu in Brave Browser in Windows 10
  2. The print dialog opens showing ‘loading preview’ in the preview window, and then the browser freezes
  3. The printer selected is not my default printer (as set in Windows)

Expected result:
I expect the preview to load and to be able to select the printer of my choice.
I expect to be able to print.
I expect to have the option of turning off ‘print preview’ mode.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.31.88 Chromium: 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Does it matter if change the system default for the printer? Just tested the printer via the Brave menu directly, no time out here. Private window mode helps? or try a new Brave profile?

It seems that this is no Brave related thing. Win10 has problems printing, regardless app or printer.

Hi fanboynz,

Many thanks for the suggestions!

Creating a new Brave profile did work (the other two suggestions didn’t work).

I still get the problem in the old profile, so will have to transfer everything to a new profile.

The printer definition that is causing the problem is from a network printer that I can only access at my workplace (which has been closed for months due to Covid). I’m now wondering whether the problem will resolve when I revisit the workplace and Brave can find the printer.

Thanks for the response. Another community member’s suggestion has fixed the problem.

It was only happening in Brave, so it does not seem like a Windows problem – or if it is, then it’s only causing a problem in Brave, not in my other software.

Generally, the printing bug that I mentioned appears randomly ( in random apps, at random times ); its not manifesting itself each time you print sth.

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Just a follow-up for anyone who is interested. When I was able to return to my workplace and selected ‘Print’ while logged into the same network as the printer in question, the preview loaded properly, and I was able then to change to a pdf printer as the default, so that I would not run into the same problem again when attempting to print from a different location.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.