Brave fails to open hulu.com on macos

**Description of the issue:Hulu asks for me to share my location, and after I select “allow” it shows the “welcome, just a moment while we gather what’s new…” page and never displays anything else.

**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. open hulut.com and log into a valid account.
  2. You’ll be presented with a “Share your location with Hulu” screen - click the “OK” button
  3. you’ll get a “welcome” screen and will hang on that screen forever!

**Actual Result
Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 11.51.56 AM|690x469

**Expected result: The hulu screen to watch programs should be displayed

**Reproduces how often: 100% of the time

**Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
macOS Monterey 12.6.9
Brave Browser Version 1.58.124 Chromium: 117.0.5938.62 (Official Build) (x86_64)

**Additional Information: fails with shields up or down - no difference. Works with Chrome and Safari

@Beckelman I was going to test but don’t want to go creating an account or anything right now. What I am going to ask you to do is two of the basic steps just to rule out some of the “usual” problems.

• Can you open a private window and see if it does it there?

• If issue on private, can you try to create a new browser profile for testing purposes? Don’t change settings or add extensions.

I’ll also ask:

• Are you using a VPN or proxy?

• While it shouldn’t matter for this stage of logging in, but do you have Widevine enabled? SettingsExtensions → make sure toggle for Widevine is on.

Hi Saoiray, answers to your questions;

• hulu.com fails in private window the same way it does in non-private - hangs when getting location

• I created a new profile with no extension…didn’t change a thing once the new profile was created…same thing - hangs

• I have tried with Widevine on and off and get the same failure / hang

• I am NOT using a VPN. I do have Nord VPN extension installed but it is not connected to Nord when connecting to Hulu

Let me know if I can provide any other info

For the record I resolved this by uninstalling Brave and reinstalling it.

Please close the issue

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.