Ads showing up on Hulu - MacOS Monterey vs 12.6

Ads/commercials started appearing in Hulu about a week ago

Screenshot of the ad as it appears in Brave

Issue presented with regular setting and with shields set to aggressive - see second screenshot.

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? yes

Brave version (check About Brave): 1.44.101

Try updating brave://components, Brave Ad Block Updater - Version: 1.0.1467 (or better) @Wulfie

The past few days have had at least 2 Brave updates… I’m not getting ads on Hulu anymore, so it might have been fixed!
Thanks for the info!

I take that back. Ads are on Hulu again for me this morning.

A fellow Braver tested this the other night, it skipped the invideo ads with shields up from what we have seen so far. Is there a specific video showing ads?

Ads showing up for me too. Seems to be only on hulu. Updates did nothing. Across both windows devices and apple devices. Any solutions?

No specific videos. It’s just in Hulu and comes and goes. Sometimes is skips the commercials, sometimes I get them. This commercial allowing bug also lets me fast forward through the commercial whereas normal Hulu commercials would counteract that with a message indicating that you can’t fast forward an ad… don’t know if that helps narrow anything down.

Doubt it will help, but some of the shows I watch are Hell’s Kitchen, The Tonight Show, The Goldbergs and Home Economics…

I got commercials for this week’s Goldbergs. Also, when I don’t get commercials, there are little bars in the center of the screen as if the commercial is being loaded or fast forwarded and then it cuts to the show… that wasn’t a thing before this bug.

See the reply to AnonSyx.

Today I had some commercials skip within a show and other commercials come through… Just trying to give as much info as possible to track down the bug.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.